BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Read This, You Filthy Sluts

DISCLAIMER: This is not an instruction manual. If you aren't experienced with any of the things I'm writing about, and want to try any of these types of things, great, but don't try to wing it. It's never fun when someone gets hurt in a bad way. Do your research, and talk to someone reputable and knowledgeable first. I'm usually willing to answer questions, but the likelihood of me providing a physical demonstration for you is pretty low.

I'm a fan of bondage and role playing, and have mentioned it casually in a few blog posts. In the post about polyamory, I mentioned that not all poly people are kinky to dispel a stereotype. While that is true, Trisha, Michelle, and I are kinky.

Kink basically refers to sexual practices that are considered unconventional, such as BDSM (Bondage, Discipline, Dominance, Submission, Sadism, and Masochism), role playing, specific fetishes, like leather for example, voyeurism (enjoying watching someone else), exhibitionism (enjoying being watched), group sex, etc.

Like any sexual activity, enthusiastic consent is paramount. "Safe, sane, and consensual" is a motto a lot of kinky people use. If you don't have consent, it is sexual assault/abuse. With kink, a lot of communication needs to happen. You have to articulate what can and can't happen before doing anything. Sadly though, abuse does happen among kinky people. Fifty Shades of Grey is not something you should be using as an instruction manual. What happens in that book is abusive. Plus it's trash literature in general. Maybe if you have a copy, put it in your recycle bin so it has a chance at becoming something with more value. That should work out just fine. It's a low bar.

Communication and boundary setting are important in any relationship, and that much more so when it comes any kind of power play or infliction of pain. Always communicate with your partner(s) about boundaries, what is desired, worth exploring, and what any hard limits are. Not every kink is every kinky person's kink. I recommend just making a list and checking what you want, what's worth exploring, and what's off limits. A scene should be planned out by everyone involved before taking place.

Safe words or gestures (if you can't speak because you're using gags) are a must. If you are the dominant partner, check on your submissive partner frequently, especially if you're new to each other. Any word or gesture can be used, but common ones are "red" for stop, "yellow" for slow down, "green" for keep going. I saw some random article about common safe words a while back that said "Oklahoma" was a common safe word because that's where the fun stops. I don't know if the article was accurate, but I thought that was pretty amusing.

Personally, I identify as a switch, which means I can enjoy being submissive or dominant, but I lean strongly to the former most of the time, which surprises some people. Sometimes I actually want to give up control, which for me, and some other submissive people, is like taking a break from always being a hard core Type A personality in control in every other aspect of life. Trisha is usually more dominant sexually, and Michelle is more back and forth. There are people who live a whole lifestyle of kink all the time. For us, it's just something we enjoy casually sometimes. Personally, I enjoy being on the receiving end of language that would rightfully be considered abusive in other contexts, being in bondage and submitting to and pleasuring someone I trust sometimes. I'm kind of bratty on purpose since spanking, being restrained, candle wax, Wartenberg pinwheel (a little wheel with spikes you can roll on the skin), various other sex toys, and face slapping can be fun punishments. Sometimes I, and other subs, can reach a sort of state of mind called "subspace," where I'm in almost a sort of trance-like euphoria as a result of the pleasure/pain causing the release of adrenaline and endorphins (science!). During that state, I'm as in the moment as I ever can be, and really have no thoughts of whatever stress is currently in my life. There is also topspace, which is also like a sort of "high" and in-the-moment state, but much more focused and aware of the submissive partner's state and desires.

Of course that doesn't last forever. There is a comedown because this can be pretty tiring. That's where aftercare comes in. Aftercare is something a lot of people, including us, do after any kinky play. It's meant to help transition out of intense activity back to the real world. It can be whatever works. I'm kind of a cuddle whore anyway, so usually that and conversation do it for me. That seems to be a pretty standard aftercare. 

Play parties, where people go in a group to enjoy various kinky activities, don't really do much for me. I've been to a few. Social anxiety doesn't help. To each their own, but I don't trust people I don't know well, and I guess it's sort of an intimacy and vulnerability I share with people I'm close to, such as my partners. Like I mentioned earlier, not every kink is every kinky person's kink. Also, just because someone is another person's sub or Dom doesn't mean they're YOURS. Just FYI.

Personally, I find consensual play with power and control pleasurable. Lot's of people don't, and that's valid, and lots of people do, but it's considered taboo. Society seems to think of sex as something that just happens. Even if your taste is totally vanilla, it's really best to communicate your needs and desires and those of your partners instead of being lazy or careless, which can wind up resulting in someone being hurt or not enjoying themselves to the fullest extent possible.

This was probably one of the harder things for me to write about, and isn't specifically about any trans issues. Maybe it's just how personal all this shit is. As open as I am about pretty much everything, this is stuff that typically goes on in the privacy of a home, but maybe that's why I wanted to talk about it and maybe educate someone a little on a topic that is often stigmatized and kept in the dark. It's often assumed that there is something wrong with kinky people, but most of us are like everyone else. We just like it a little rough, which doesn't make us damaged, depraved, or traumatized, though consensual power play can be a valid way to work through trauma and reclaim your sexuality. This is largely my personal experience as a mostly submissive, and I made it a point not to spill too much tea about anyone else. I'll include a few links with more kinky info. They're mostly focused on queer women, as that's basically my experience:






0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.